Thursday 19 May 2016

Anecdote

LINGUISTIC ANECDOTE


Carmen, a Spanish student, said to her English landlady:

-Mrs Green, my bottom has just blown off. Please, can you give me a needle to sow it?



Mrs.Green looked at her in amazement.


-Here you are the needle, dear, but it is hard to repair.


     These button and bottom are indeed naughty troublesome words and you should be careful with them:
One  of my pupils said once:


The number of  anecdotes with these words is endless, they are responsible for many misunderstandings and much embarrassment, but  don’t panic I am not going to tell you all, just one more.
On another occasion I asked one of my pupils just for the sake of speaking English.



There was general laughter. I also laughed.


Obviously he meant buttonhole.


I expect you are well aware of the difference by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment