Sunday 21 February 2016

Quiz


I expect that you realize that i: is represented by two vowels in spelling, but not always. To what words of the poem it does not apply?  


PEACE  J BY THE SEA


From my window
I have a clear view
of the sea.

The fire is lit.
The cat sleeps
on a cushion
on a seat;
it isn't neat
on account of it

There is a ship
in the sea
and a cart near it
loading seaweed.

The island is
purple and green,
with flowers and trees,
and rocks made of granite

A bird gets in
I let it free
but it refuses to leave;
It'd rather stay with me.

Later, a bee
comes in ,
its a busybody
and annoys me .
It's a bore indeed

Now, the dog leaps up,
it licks
my knees
and feet
I want to read
but I can't get rid 
of him .
Its hard to believe,
I do want to read
but the birds begin
to sing
and the sheep
to bleat,
and I go to sleep.

Now you can see
what peace
there can be
on a piece
of land by the sea.

Can you imagine
the scene?



No comments:

Post a Comment